Set amid mountains & lakes, heritage trees & rustic ruins, trails & tracks in the stunning adventure capital Queenstown, New Zealand. Nestled in a cherished setting on the western end of prestigious Speargrass Flat Road popular with painters, photographers & weddings
Magnificent Mountain Views and Ski Fields close with some of the longest sun hours in the Wakatipu. Directly on the Queenstown Trail offering easy bike access to 120km of scenic rides and walking trails
This beautiful, north facing three bedroom home is your perfect
Holiday Home or Wedding "Accommodation"
BOOK NOW or Call The Butler
Deborah +64 210 254 8054
Once upon a time, a long time ago ....
In 1943 Charles R. Gordon purchased Historic Thurlby Domain. In the 1950s Gordon built a dwelling close to the eastern elevation of the stables ~ Renovated in 2012 Jewel On Speargrass is set next to Heritage listed Thurlby Stables & Domain
* Please Note Thurlby Domain is "seperate, private property" from Jewel On Speargrass. Permission to enter Thurlby Domain is by prior arrangement only. Jewel's Management Team may assist in organising this for bridal party bookings.
- Views: Incredible 360 degree views of Queenstown’s beautiful countryside, Coronet Peak, the Remarkables, Crown Range, Cardrona ski field, Ben Lomond, Historic Thurlby Domain rustic Stables, heritage trees and gardens.
- Location: On the photographically renowned western end of Speargrass Flat Road’s avenue of heritage poplar trees, surrounded by rustic stone buildings and beautiful grounds. Only minutes away from award winning golf-courses, wineries, ski fields, spas, both Arrowtown & Queenstown and the Airport.
- Style: Oozing with romance and charm, complete with French antiques. French doors open to the fountain & decks. Superb outdoor flow with 3 sun drenched seated areas and large schist BBQ fantastic for enjoying long Central Otago Summer Evenings.
- Idyllic Wedding Accommodation: Perfect for getting ready pre-ceremony and for the day after the wedding. Located a stone throw from the popular Thurlby Domain Stables. Ideal for anyone attending a wedding or event in Thurlby Domain.
- Facilities: Petanque court, complementary mountain bikes, stand up paddle boards, croquet, badminton & outdoor daybed to name a few!
Please Note: Thurlby Domain & Thurlby Stables are private property & separate from Jewel On Speargrass. Permission to enter Thurlby Domain & Thurlby Stables is by prior arrangement only, which our management may organise for you.
"Traveling for 2 months in NZ & Australia, Jewel on Speargrass is absolutely our favourite place"
Baekman (Sweden )
"The views of the surrounding mountains are so beautiful & this made for the perfect winters escape" June 2017. Dirk
"A Blissful Place To Stay ~Magic Home, We'll be back !" Easter 2017 Hodges (Australia)
"It all was a bit of a fairytale! We can't wait to go come back and stay!" April 2017. Mr & Mrs Kimber Bell
"Got Married! Beautiful styling touches & fireplace. Absolutely breathtaking & peaceful" April 2017. Mr & Mrs Newell
"Accommodation was Perfect ~ Away in Another World" Christmas 2016. Robertson Family
"Loved this property! Stunning Location, Very Private" March 2016. Katrina
"We Got Married" Valentines February 14th 2016. Mr & Mrs Gondaveska
"Simply Bliss ~Truly Magical Place" January 2016. Lea
"Serenity, Beauty, Charm, Heritage in the Perfect Location" June 2015. Turner Family
" The cottage was perfect for our accommodation during the wedding period" Feb 2015. Erin & Craig
Read full reviews of Jewel On Speargrass in our Blog & Trip Advisor